Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] multiple mtx-changer scripts

2008-07-22 16:51:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] multiple mtx-changer scripts
From: Mark Nienberg <gmane AT tippingmar DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:51:39 -0700
Brian Debelius wrote:
> Is your blocksize 0?
>
> I had to `mt -f /dev/nst0 defblksize 0` after the wait_for_drive()
> during the load.
>
> load)
>       debug "Doing mtx -f $ctl load $slot $drive"
>       ${MTX} -f $ctl load $slot $drive
>       rtn=$?
>       wait_for_drive $device
>       ${MT} -f $drive defblksize 0
>       exit $rtn
>       ;;

[root@khyber TMaScripts]# ./myTool.sh driveinfo
20080722-13:48:23 Parms: /dev/sg3 driveinfo  /dev/nst0 0
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=-1, block number=-1, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x0 (default).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (50000):
  DR_OPEN IM_REP_EN

The blocksize is currently 0 and I can't think of any reason it would change.
Besides, if I unmount and then mount the tape again it works.  You don't think
something changes it in between mounts do you?  I guess it wouldn't hurt
anything to
add that implicitly though.

Mark