Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SD waiting indefinetly for FD to connect

2008-07-22 09:59:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SD waiting indefinetly for FD to connect
From: Christian Gaul <christian.gaul AT otop DOT de>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:58:56 +0200
John Drescher schrieb:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Christian Gaul <christian.gaul AT otop DOT
> de> wrote:
>
>> Hello List,
>>
>> moving on with my implementation of Bacula as a second level of data
>> security i am having problems with timeouts.
>>
>> I have set every timeout i can find in the documentation manually (to
>> make sure the defaults didnt change since writing the documentation),
>> also, to make sure bacula isnt waiting on stale TCP/IP connections, i
>> have modified the bacula-sd / bacula-dir ip configuration to timeout
>> after a much shorter time (minutes/hours instead of days). I have
>> upgraded from 2.2.8 to 2.4.1 but the problem remained and i can not
>> figure out why bacula insists on acting in this way.
>>
>> Pretext: I have a couple hourly jobs that take Incremental backups, and
>> a couple of daily jobs that take Full backups, when one of the backups
>> stalls in the state "Jobname.date is waiting for Client clientname-fd to
>> connect to Storage FileStorage" it will sometimes cause all jobs that
>> come after it to also stall.
>>

> I get around dead/disconnected clients by allowing several concurrent
> backups. Also, without setting any max wait times a client will
> timeout in less than 1 hour.
>
> John

Hi John,

i think that didnt go to the list, so im gonna post it back there aswell.

As i posted in the original Email, i have 20 concurrent jobs allowed for
both SD and director (and i can usually get up to 5 running).
But sometimes, and that is exactly the problem, one job will stall in a
way that no other jobs can be started.

If you need any additional information, i can supply it shortly.

Thank you for your time,
Christian Gaul

--
Christian Gaul
otop AG

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Christof Glasmacher
Vorstand: Dirk Flug
Amtsgericht Mainz - HRB 7647 -