Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] re store failed - Medium Error?

2008-07-18 15:05:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] re store failed - Medium Error?
From: ebollengier <eric AT eb.homelinux DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:05:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

Your drive can be dirty, are you using smartctl to retrieve drive errors ?
Cleaning tape it can help you, but i don't think that you will be able to
re-read your
tape.

You can tell to bacula to skip this media by editing the bsr file, but i
think that you won't be able
to restore files that are beyong the error. Maybe you can test by using "mt
-f /dev/nst0 fsf 15" and
see if it's work. (error was on file 14)

Bye