Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] pool and autochanger problem

2008-07-17 12:22:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] pool and autochanger problem
From: "T. Horsnell" <tsh AT mrc-lmb.cam.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:34:47 +0100
Hi,
I have a two-drive autochanger with 47 tapes in it, all defined to be
members of the default pool. I use bconsole to mount slot1 on drive 0
and slot 2 on drive1. The 'status storage' command then shows me:

Device status:
Autochanger "Autochanger" with devices:
    "LTO4-0" (/dev/nst0)
    "LTO4-1" (/dev/nst1)
Device "LTO4-0" (/dev/nst0) is mounted with:
     Volume:      B00001L4
     Pool:        *unknown*
     Media type:  LTO4
     Slot 1 is loaded in drive 0.
     Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
     Positioned at File=0 Block=0
Device "LTO4-1" (/dev/nst1) is mounted with:
     Volume:      B00002L4
     Pool:        *unknown*
     Media type:  LTO4
     Slot 2 is loaded in drive 1.
     Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
     Positioned at File=0 Block=0

Why is drive 1's volume shown as "Pool:  *unknown*" ?
The result of this is that this drive doesnt get used when I backup.

If I instead mount slot 2 on drive 0 and slot1 on drive 1, it's still
drive 1's volume which has 'Pool: *unknown*', so the problem follows the
drive, not the tape volume. In the docs I cant see any pool stuff
related to devices, so what do I do here?

Thanks,
Terry