Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exchange Agent Backup issues...

2008-07-15 22:00:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exchange Agent Backup issues...
From: Javier Gomez <gomez AT dynamicquest DOT com>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:00:02 -0400

We am still having some fundamental issues with the Exchange Server backups using the Exchange Agent for Bacula from http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads

We are able to get successful backups using the Exchange Agent for bacula, but I have not been able to get a successful restore to occur.  I have attempted a number of different patterns to restore the Exchange Stores.  Does anyone have a step by step on how to perform the restore (or a screenshot of some of the options used for the restore) using the Exchange agent for Bacula.  Thanks for any suggestions.
       Javier

So I created the "Recovery Storage Group" again.
Then I tried to restore the " /Microsoft Information Store/First

Storage

Group" (also tried restoring the mailbox itself).  I restored that to

the

"Recovery Storage Group".  In order to do that I started the restore

(via

command line) and then modified the restore with option 9 (where) and

put

in "/Recovery Storage Group" as the value.  This failed for the

restore.

You need to use 'RegexWhere' to do the restore the way you want, if the
details aren't in the docs them email me and I'll put something together
for you.

James