Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Enterprise configuration problems

2008-07-14 20:28:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Enterprise configuration problems
From: "Robert Garza" <azragbeebop AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:28:39 -0500
Hi all,

     At my workplace we have three servers setup to handle individual tasks, each with a public and "backup" nic for backups as follows:

1. Bacula director server (with bconsole)
2. Bacula db server (postgres)
3. Bacula Storage Daemon server (Connected to a SATABeast with 31T of storage via Fibre Channel)

Each of the three servers' backup nics are set to 1000Mb.

At present, the issue we are seeing is that when a client is backing up to the Storage Daemon, the bconsole program will delay it's results to a 'status dir' command for several seconds, eventually display it's output.  Is it possible to have the internal messages from the storage daemon to the director on a separate interface than what are specified in the bacula-dir.conf and bacula-sd.conf files?

Regards,
Robert
-=-