Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Pruned job numbers, orphan file entries

2008-07-13 22:01:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Pruned job numbers, orphan file entries
From: Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:00:58 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sun, 7/13/08, Gregory Orange <gregory.orange AT metoceanengineers DOT
com> wrote:

> From: Gregory Orange <gregory.orange AT metoceanengineers DOT com>
> Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Pruned job numbers, orphan file entries
> To: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com
> Cc: "bacula-users Users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
> Date: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 8:09 PM
> Hemant Shah wrote:
> > --- On Fri, 7/11/08, Gregory Orange
> <gregory.orange AT metoceanengineers DOT com> wrote:
> >> 1. When bacula prunes jobs as part of a normal job
> run,
> >> I'd like to know
> >> which jobs have been pruned. In the typical job
> results
> >> email I receive,
> >> <date> <time> <blah-dir>: Pruned
> x Job(s)
> >> for client <y> from catalog.
> >>
> >> When it tells me one or more jobs have been
> pruned, how can
> >> I tell which
> >> jobs they are? I can't find it in log files,
> and
> >> I'd like to use this
> >> information to avoid costly database reads and
> comparisons.
> >
> >   Try following:
> >
> > echo "list volumes" | bconsole | grep Purged
>
> I'd like to know jobs which are purged, not volumes.
> Any way of doing that?

You may have to run SQL query against jobmedia and media tables.
Something like:

select distinct job.name,job.jobid,media.volstatus from media, jobmedia, job
where job.jobid = jobmedia.jobid and jobmedia.mediaid = media.mediaid and
media.volstatus = 'Purged'

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com