Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Pruned job numbers, orphan file entries

2008-07-11 02:57:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] Pruned job numbers, orphan file entries
From: Gregory Orange <gregory.orange AT metoceanengineers DOT com>
To: bacula-users Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:57:05 +0800
Two items which relate to one another.

1. When bacula prunes jobs as part of a normal job run, I'd like to know
which jobs have been pruned. In the typical job results email I receive,
there's either
<date> <time> <blah-dir>: No Jobs found to prune.
or
<date> <time> <blah-dir>: Pruned x Job(s) for client <y> from catalog.

When it tells me one or more jobs have been pruned, how can I tell which
jobs they are? I can't find it in log files, and I'd like to use this
information to avoid costly database reads and comparisons.

2. We regularly get orphaned file entries. That is, a job is pruned, but
its files are not. We've got all retention values set to 20 days. We're
using bacula 1.38.3, and in the process of an upgrade, but I wonder if
there's something I might be doing wrong here, or if it's some sort of
bug. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Greg.