Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Moving tape to Autochanger Mailslot

2008-07-11 19:14:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Moving tape to Autochanger Mailslot
From: "Janco van der Merwe" <jvdmerwe AT dunns.co DOT za>
To: <mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:55:43 +0200
The problem is the following:

Output of mtx /dev/sg1 status

Storage Changer /dev/sg1:1 Drives, 8 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Empty
      Storage Element 1:Empty
      Storage Element 2:Empty
      Storage Element 3:Empty
      Storage Element 4:Empty
      Storage Element 5:Full :VolumeTag=000003L3
      Storage Element 6:Empty
      Storage Element 7:Empty
      Storage Element 8:Empty

The above output does not specify the element/drive number of the mail slot
and any attempt to load/transfer the tape to any other slot specified
returns an illegal operation error - well that is to be expected

What I wanted to do was write a bash script and run it as a RunAfterJob in
the last job of the day so that the tape is automatically ejected but all my
attempts fail because it would seem like mtx does not recognize the mail
slot.

I went on the web looking to configure the mail slot as a storage slot but
no luck.

Any ideas?

With regards,

Janco van der Merwe