Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Moving tape to Autochanger Mailslot

2008-07-09 00:53:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] Moving tape to Autochanger Mailslot
From: "Janco van der Merwe" <jvdmerwe AT dunns.co DOT za>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 06:52:47 +0200
Hi All,

According to numerous articles on the web you cannot move a tape from the
Drive, of a autochanger, to the mailslot automatically using mtx and I was
hoping that someone out there has figured out a way of doing this on a Dell
PV124-T.

We have upgraded from Bacula 1.38-11 to 2.2.8 running RHEL4

Another thing, I don't know if something went wrong with the upgrade but
Bacula keeps the Tape drive mounted where previously it would automatically
unmount the tape drive as soon as all jobs completed. This is a bit of a
irritation because now we have to unmount the tape drive, eject the tape and
then manually mount the tape drive again - is this normal?

With regards,

Janco van der Merwe
Technical Manager
Dunns Stores (Pty) Ltd
Switch Board: 011 541 3000
Direct: 011 541 3073
Cell: 083 291 8536

Please see the Dunns Stores (Pty) Ltd. Email disclaimer here:
http://www.dunns.co.za/disclaimer.txt