Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Catalogs using ORACLE instead of MySQL

2008-07-10 08:38:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Catalogs using ORACLE instead of MySQL
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:38:23 +0200
Hello,

10.07.2008 14:22, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How easy would it be to get bacula to talk to ORACLE instead of MySQL?

According to what I learnt on -devel, a project possibly allowing this
is under way.

Look for mail with libdbi in the subject in an archive of bacula-devel
for more information.

Currently, only postgreSQL and MySQL are supported, but in the end,
all the databases that libdbi can handle should work.

> If an application already uses ORACLE, it would be nice to use ORACLE
> for the catalog, instead of installing a second SQL database engine
> like MySQL.

Well, this has two sides. On the one hand, it's one less thing to
manage. On the other, it's good to have an easy to set-up database
used for backups only, so you are not required to recreate a
full-blown oracle database in case of desaster.

Arno

> Kind Regards
>
> James

Arno Lehmann