Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to cancel all jobs?

2008-07-09 16:35:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to cancel all jobs?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 22:35:32 +0200
Hi,

09.07.2008 17:38, Weber, Philip wrote:

> I use trickery.
>
> echo "status dir" | bconsole > /tmp/file

I once created a pipe with bconsole | awk | bconsole for this purpose
but, unfortunately, haven't kept it. Unfortunately, the bash history
which should contain my (about 100 :-) attempts to do this is no
longer in my backups ;-)

But if anyone feels the need to dig through awk for that purpose (not
that difficult, in fact...) they should keep it and post it to the wiki...

Arno

> edit /tmp/afile and retain only the list of job IDs which are currently
> active (the 2nd list).  Turn this into a list of commands of the form
> "cancel jobid=nnnnn".  Add the lines /usr/local/bacula/bconsole <<! at
> the top and ! at the end of the file and run it from a shell.
>
> Alternatively just bounce the daemons.

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
www.its-lehmann.de