Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] BAT restore problem

2008-07-08 17:31:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] BAT restore problem
From: Mark Nienberg <gmane AT tippingmar DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:30:46 -0700
I've used BAT to do restorations of a single file many times.  Recently I had
restore a directory that contains about a dozen files.  There was a full backup
on
tape and the files happened to span two tapes.  There were also a few
incremental
backups (post full backup) on file storage.  BAT was unable to deal with this
situation.  I was able to select files to restore, and the restoration ran to
completion, but the files were not restored.  Eventually I used BAT to browse
the
files and see which jobIDs I needed, then restored from bconsole with no
problems.

I'm not sure if anything changed on my system or if BAT restore only works fro
simple
cases.

Mark