Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: bacula on GigE

2008-07-07 12:05:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: bacula on GigE
From: "Richerland Medeiros" <rick.land AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:25:06 -0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richerland Medeiros <rick.land AT gmail DOT com>
Date: 2008/7/7
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on GigE
To: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>

My lan works fine, I have check.

I don't configure spool on bacula, how i do this ?

My backup must be a full backup. 80MB/s would be perfect for me.

Please help me.

2008/7/7 Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>:

Richerland Medeiros schrieb:

> I have a bacula server and client running in a Gigabit network, but i can't
> achieve a good speed for my backup.
> I have 1TB off data.
>
> Bacula don't works fine in GigE  ? because i achieve 11MB/s.
>
> Tape: LTO Ultrium 4
> Network: GigE (Dell)
> Switch: 3com
> Server: R200 (Dell)
> Client: Power Edge 2950 Dell

I get >80 MB/s with bacula. First you should test the network
performance between bacula-fd and bacula-sd with some other tool
(netperf, netpipe, netio...).

Are you spooling data? Is this a full or incremental backup?

Ralf