Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] ERR=dev.c:905 ioctl MTIOCGET error on LTO-3

2008-07-03 13:19:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] ERR=dev.c:905 ioctl MTIOCGET error on LTO-3
From: "Renan Dias" <renan.diaz AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:18:53 -0300
Hello,

I'm having problems and would like to help. I had the configuration of bacula and some executions after he presents the following message:

Error: Unable to position to end of data on device "LTO-3" (/dev/IBMtape0n): ERR=dev.c:905 ioctl MTIOCGET error on "LTO-3" (/dev/IBMtape0n). ERR=Success.

The error appears when the tape return, in the case, if the new tape has been used and contains content it presents the error, if not the error will appear in the future.

I had all the tapes in the test with btape, and not made any mistake.

Below the information environment:

SO: Suse 10
Reader: IBM Ultrium LTO3

Total of 6 tapes:
2 Daily
2 Monthly
2 Weekly

Someone I know say what may be happening, because when I have to recycle the tape to use and just losing the data on the tape.

Another detail is that the error only appears when the tape has to move to the point of the last backup.

(Sorry for the English)
Thanks!