Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] create volumes from autochanger slots, without label

2008-07-01 15:55:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] create volumes from autochanger slots, without label
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:54:46 -0400
I finally got around to testing this in my configuration... still not
working as I'd want.  I added a tape to the changer, ran the add command
to add it to the catalog and place it in the Scratch pool.  When bacula
got around to wanting that tape from the Scratch pool it changed the
pool to be right but didn't label it.  Instead I got a mount request.
I then noted that the tape record was...

| MediaId | VolumeName | VolStatus | Enabled | VolBytes
| VolFiles | VolRetention | Recycle | Slot | InChanger | MediaType
| LastWritten         |

|      93 | LTO278L2   | Append    |       1 |               0
|        0 |    7,776,000 |       1 |    0 |         1 | LTO-2
| 0000-00-00 00:00:00 |

Note that it set InChanger to 1 but the Slot value didn't get set.

Are there other settings I need to use to have bacula label tapes
automatically with their barcodes?

    Bob