Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can Bacula control IBM TS3310 robotic arm?

2008-06-23 08:51:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can Bacula control IBM TS3310 robotic arm?
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: firdaus AT oscc.org DOT my
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:51:13 -0400

Firdaus bin Aziz wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The place I'm working at has a IBM TS3310 tape storage system. -
> http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/tape/ts3310/
>
> Anyone here have any experience using Bacula with it? Especially in
> configuring Bacula to control the robotic arm.
>
> >From my limited understanding of the Bacula documentation, it says that
> mtx-changer script can control autoloaders. By autoloader, does it mean
> the robotic arm?
>
> My humble apologies if this has already been covered in some FAQs. And
> if it is, can someone point me to it.

That's basically an issue of getting mtx configured for it. If you google "mtx
ts3310", you'll get a few pages of hits that includes some who have problems
but appears to have some who got it working. I didn't have time to read through
them, but you obviously have the motivation and need, so this may help getting
you going.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-