Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Using bextract of windows backup without portable=yes

2008-06-21 08:48:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Using bextract of windows backup without portable=yes
From: Javier Gomez <gomez AT dynamicquest DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 07:42:14 -0400

    I am in the process of performing backups (mostly Windows servers).
Then using bextract to extract those backups to the "bacula server"
which is a Fedora server.  Then pulling individual files off of the
extracted folder.  The problem is that in order to use bextract on a
unix server for a backup of a windows server, it looks like you need to
use the "portable=yes" option.  This works perfectly for that
purpose...but by using this option we no longer retain the file level
Windows permissions to be used in a regular Bacula restore which is
really needed.  So in order to get a clean backup with Windows
permissions, I need to run two backups of each server.  One would have
the portable=no and the other with the portable=yes.  Obviously I wanted
to avoid backing up each server twice everyday.  Does anyone know of any
other option that could help me to avoid the double backup process?
Seems like a parameter on the "bextract" command which could apply the
portable=yes option on the fly.  Thoughts?