Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Authorization error or problem with concurrent jobs?

2008-06-19 10:05:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Authorization error or problem with concurrent jobs?
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Annette Jäkel" <jaekel AT math.tu-berlin DOT de>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:05:25 -0400
> I'm astonished by the fact that every time its the same backup that failes.
> That cant be really an authorization problem by my opinion, because several
> days it run with the same passwords etc.
>
> Any idea what could be wrong? Maybe there is a problem with the filesystem
> the data are stored on? (but syslog told nothing about disk problems)
> Annette

When you get authorization errors it is that for some reason bacula
can not connect to a daemon/service. This can be bad passwords or some
type of network problem (bad nic, unreliable network, firewall ... )
or it could also be that the daemon/service you are trying to connect
to is down.

BTW, If you can upgrade your version of bacula. 1.38.11 is pretty old
(current version is 2.4.0 and if am not mistaken any version less than
2.2.4 has a bug with concurrent restores that may cause not all of the
files to be restored.

John