Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula support in Melbourne

2008-06-18 02:59:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula support in Melbourne
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:58:40 +0200
Hi,

18.06.2008 04:00, Geoff Crompton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're reviewing our backup situation at the moment, and I'm wondering if
> Bacula would be suitable for us.

Good move! ;-)

> There are no Melbourne contacts on
> http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=professional. If anyone is willing to
> support Bacula in Melbourne, Australia, hearing from you would be quite
> helpful.

Hmm, if you pay the travel expenses I'm open to discussion :-)

But, if you can provide remote access and someone on-site to help in
case hardware needs to be handled, I found that one can do quite a bit
remotely.

After all, in my experience, Bacula support is mainly work on
configuration files after you've got a setup that supports the
available hardware. Training is a bit difficult remotely, admittedly...

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann