Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bconsole run BackupCatalog

2008-06-18 01:28:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] bconsole run BackupCatalog
From: James Bowes <james.bowes AT shaw DOT ca>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:28:33 -0700
Hi.

I am testing the BackupCatalog and I have the following media pools:

      * Scratch
      * Daily

Daily is being used for the Default resource and the slots appear to be
loaded correctly:

      * Media in slots 1-5

When I try to run the job I get the following message:

Running Jobs:
Writing: Full Backup job BackupCatalog JobId=35 Volume="DailyBackup0001"
    pool="Daily" device="DLT" (/dev/nst0)
    spooling=0 despooling=0 despool_wait=0
    Files=0 Bytes=0 Bytes/sec=0
    FDReadSeqNo=6 in_msg=6 out_msg=4 fd=5

Device status:
Autochanger "auto-changer" with devices:
   "DLT" (/dev/nst0)
Device "DLT" (/dev/nst0) open but no Bacula volume is currently mounted.
    Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "DailyBackup0001",
       Pool:        Daily
       Media type:  DLT
    Slot 1 is loaded in drive 0.
    Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0
====

In Use Volume status:
DailyBackup0001 on device "DLT" (/dev/nst0)
    Reader=0 writers=0 reserved=1 released=0

Now I am not sure what is blocking the device. I know I had to do some
funky increased times to get the autochanger to pass the test and that
takes about 200 seconds. Does that also mean I have to wait that long
for this job to actually start?

--james