Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Does Bacula rely on schedule to update INCR to FULL?

2008-06-16 20:53:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] Does Bacula rely on schedule to update INCR to FULL?
From: Terry Collins <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:47:09 +1000
<mutter, previous post disappeared>
The problem I am having is that bacula keeps increasing an INCR to a FULL.

It looked like things were settling down until the Incremental tapes
were rolled over and the initial (boosted to full) INCR disappeared.

It is totally totally ignoring the three FULL backups taken on the set
of Full backup tapes.

Very mystifying and fast becoming a show stopper.

The only issue I can think of is that Bacula makes decisions based on
each and every individual schedule, aka, if I have a seperate backup
schedule for FULL backups, then it doesnt consider that as part of the
matching INCR schedule for the same fileset.

Is this the case?
Otherwise, looking for another explanation, if anyone has it.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Email: terryc200710 - at - woa.com.au Web: http://www.woa.com.au/terryc