Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Short (minimiscule) spool files -> poo performance

2008-06-11 09:17:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Short (minimiscule) spool files -> poo performance
From: Terry Collins <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:04:32 +1000
Frank Sweetser wrote:

> When I've seen this problem, it was because the total amount of data contained
> in the spool directory really was only a few megs below the limit.  Typically
> it was either due to other concurrent jobs, in which case I avoided the
> problem by upping the spool size, or leftover spool files from crashed jobs,
> which can be safely deleted.

No concurrent jobs running or queued{1}.

Definitely the full 20Gb of space was available. DF gave 29Gb free and
there were no other files in the spool space (Been caught there before).

Initially i was thnking it was this particular client and maybe there
was a damged network cable involved, but today it also occurred direcly
off one platter in the fileserver where the applicaion runs. So that was
why the head scratching.

{1} The job/client where it regularly occurs is actually the third of
three queued clients.

I specified the 20Gb space as I have a number of client full backups
that will fit into it easily.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Email: terryc200710 - at - woa.com.au Web: http://www.woa.com.au/terryc