Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Understandig Bacula Jobs ...

2008-06-10 02:38:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Understandig Bacula Jobs ...
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Reynier Perez Mira" <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>, baculausers <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 02:38:34 -0400
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Reynier Perez Mira <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
wrote:
> Hi,
> Continuing with my Bacula learning I found the Job Configuring. I almost
> understand every but I can't understand what Write Botstrap section means.
> This is where Bacula in somehow store the backed up data or ...
>
> Job {                                                           # SalvaIP1FD
> (Secondary Backup)
>  Name = "SalvaIP1FDJob2"
>  Enabled = yes
>  JobDefs = "SalvaIPJD"
>  Client = SalvaIP1FD
>  Storage = UCIBackupStorage
>  FileSet = "SalvaIP1FS"
>  Pool = UCIBackupPool
>  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working//SalvaIP1.bsr"
> }

This is a small file that exists on your bacula system that can aide
in the recovery of the system if the director machine goes down.  This
small file records what blocks the backup occupy on disk or tape. It
is recommended that you setup a folder for your bootstrap files and
keep them for the catalog and at and all jobs that are for the
director at minimum.

John

John