Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on fedora 9 very slow

2008-06-09 20:07:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on fedora 9 very slow
From: "Xeos Laenor" <xeoslaenor AT gmail DOT com>
To: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:52:10 +0200
I believe the disk backend has been rewrite in f9 (Gvfs instead of gnome-vfs in f8), and it 's quite experimental actually. Maybe that's the reason.

Noran

2008/6/6 Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>:
Folks,

 Has anyone used bacula 2.2.8 on Fedora 9?

 I was testing bacula on a fedora 8. I had to re-intall Linux so I decided on installing Fedora 9 instead. bacula version is the same as before and was compiled using same parameters. The configuration also same. Now my backup is running very slow. I ran a test backup of one of the systems. Under fedora 8 it took 4 minutes to backup 4.8GB, on fedora 9 it has been running for 1.5 hours and has not yet completed.

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com