Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] procedure for deleting disk volumes

2008-06-03 17:32:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] procedure for deleting disk volumes
From: Jason Joines <joines AT as.okstate DOT edu>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:32:05 -0500
-------- Original Message  --------
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Jason Joines <joines AT as.okstate DOT edu>
Cc: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue Jun  3 16:14:29 2008
> Jason Joines wrote:
>>     I'm using Bacula 2.2.5 on Ubuntu 7.10 to backup to files on
>> disk.  A new volume/disk file is created for each job and is written
>> to only once.  Once the Job and File records have been deleted by
>> AutoPrune, what other steps are necessary before actually deleting
>> the files on disk?  Should I purge or delete the volumes?
>
> Bacula does not delete Volumes.  You must do that yourself.
>
> You will want to issue a 'delete volume' so the records are removed
> from the Catalog and then rm the file from disk.

    Thanks, I knew I would have to manually delete the files from disk,
just wasn't sure if I needed to use delete volume, purge volume, or
something else.

    Also, while I was tweaking things to get this all setup, I had some
jobs go back and write to old volumes.  Later I set volumes to not be
recycled and and only be used once.  Is there any way to make sure no
jobs have files stores on a particular volume before I delete it?

Jason