Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] File-set include/exclude questions

2008-04-29 16:20:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] File-set include/exclude questions
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: programadorlinux AT gmail DOT com
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:19:57 +0100
You can't do it by excluding the top level directories, because Bacula has to
walk the tree of files to find the ones you want.  As soon as it sees Exclude,
it will stop.  This happens on Linux too, so I doubt that configuration will
work there either.  You can do it by carefully including just the directories
that match

c:/Documents and Settings/*
c:/Documents and Settings/*/Dados de aplicativos
c:/Documents and Settings/*/Dados de aplicativos/Thunderbird
c:/Documents and Settings/*/Dados de aplicativos/Thunderbird/Profiles

and exclude everything else, but it is messy.

Another way is to generate the list on-the-fly.  See the File = "\|script"
option in the manual.  The backslash tells Bacula to run the script on the
client.

__Martin