Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] File-set include/exclude questions

2008-04-24 02:33:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] File-set include/exclude questions
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:33:24 +0300
On Thursday 24 April 2008 01:20, Israel Miranda wrote:
> Hi there guys.
>
>    I'm configuring bacula to backup thunderbird data in different machines,
> and to not define a fileset to each machine I'm
> trying to define a wilddir option that matches every user data in any
> machine, but it didn't worked.
> That's the file-set:
>
> FileSet
> {
>   Name = "thunderbird-file-set"
>   Enable VSS = yes
>   Include
>   {
>      {
>        signature = MD5         #Create MD5 Signature
>        compression=GZIP       #Compress Incoming Data on the client
>        WildDir = "\"c:/Documents and Settings/*/Dados de
> aplicativos/Thunderbird/Profiles/\""
>      }
>
>   }
> }
>
> I know there's a include file option missing but that's the point:
> I don't want to include the whole Documents and Settings directory to
> exlcude all the other except the one I want to back up. I read the 11th
> chapter of the manual, and there is no example of what I want, which is just
> include a wildcard/regex to backup what I want, without including a
> directory to later exclude what I don't need. It seemed to me that there is
> no way of doing it the way I want(without an exclude option).
> The concept of including a wider selection to then exclude what I don't need
> seems bizarre to me.

Yes, well.. as far as I know it's the only way. Good thing is that you can
exclude "everything besides this and that". I'm backing up some scripts
from /usr/local/bin like this:
FileSet {
  Include {
    Options {
      Wild = "/usr/local/bin/ldap-*"
      Wild = "/usr/local/bin/setup_chroot.sh"
    }
    Options {
      Exclude = yes
      Wild = "/usr/local/bin/*"
    }
    File = "/usr/local/bin"
  }
}

And why do include the extra quotes (the escaped ones) in the WildDir option?

--
Silver