Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] scheduler: don't queue a job if it's already running

2008-04-29 05:42:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] scheduler: don't queue a job if it's already running
From: Petar Bogdanovic <petar AT smokva DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:41:42 +0200
Hi,

we have to do a few backups over a slow and lossy line which makes those
backups pretty unpredictable. In our case, a job duration of more than
24 hours is possible and if the link goes down for some reason a
successful job can even take days to complete (Reschedule On Error).

This scenario is not perfect, but it works and we have at least some
backups of the mentioned clients. Our scheduler however doesn't play
along and reschedules these jobs every day, which means that the queue
gets longer and longer after every `long' job.

I thought `Maximum Concurrent Jobs' is what I want, but unfortunately
(for me), MCJ=1 just prevents bacula from running two jobs with the same
name at the same time, it doesn't prevent it from queueing the job.

Is there something I missed?

Thanks,

Petar