Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Understanding why a job failed with status code E

2008-04-24 14:34:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Understanding why a job failed with status code E
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:34:03 +0200
Hi,

24.04.2008 22:57, Peter wrote:
> Hi
> I get a job status E (Terminated in error) on a BackupCatalog job.
> How can I find out why this jobs got an error. Is there a more detailed
> report available than that what I get when doing "list jobs", i.e. a
> detailed report on a given job ?

That depends... first of all, the full job report should be in the
console messages, available with the bconsole command 'mess'. If these
are already scrolled off the screen, it would be logged to the console
log file. That's a plain text file, so using more/less, grep, or any
text editor you can search for the details of that job report.

Also, typically you'll hav an email with the job report, which is, not
really astonishing, easily read using your favourite mail reader.

Finally, if you set up logging to the catalog, the job report is
stored in the catalog. That version can be most easily accessed using bat.

Arno

> Thanks
> Peter

Arno Lehmann