Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Ang. Re: Unload problem on Autochanger

2008-04-24 10:56:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] Ang. Re: Unload problem on Autochanger
From: roger.sinel AT lo DOT se
To: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:54:29 +0200

Still not sure if its permissions or not.
It dosn't like  "Sense Key"

[root@server ~]# /etc/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg0 load 11 /dev/nst0 0
mtx: Request Sense: Long Report=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=70 (Current)
mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=Illegal Request
mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 20
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 00
mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=no
READ ELEMENT STATUS Command Failed

[root@server ~]# su bacula
bash-3.00$ /etc/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg0 load 11 /dev/nst0 0
cannot open SCSI device '/dev/sg0' - Permission denied

[root@server ~]# ll /dev/sg0 crw-rw---- 1 root root 21, 0 11 jan 2007 /dev/sg0

/Roger Sinel

"John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>

04/24/2008 02:11 PM

Till
roger.sinel AT lo DOT se
Kopia
bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Ärende
Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 7:01 AM,  <roger.sinel AT lo DOT se> wrote:

> Unload problem on Autochanger, I not 100% sure about the history of this
> problem, but I know that the automatic unload/load function dosn't work
> properly.
>
> To do it manually I have to stop bacula-sd service to be able to run #mtx
> unload. So when a tape is full the bacula jobb can't unload or load a new
> append volume.
>
> Is it a mtx problem or a permissions problem between bacula and mtx.
>
> I can move and load the new tape with the HP web admin site to the
> Autochanger without have to stop the bacula-sd service, then run mount
> command from bconsole. Then as you below the restore jobb that was waiting
> for a specific tape was able to continue.
>
> Any tips would be appreciated, as holiday times are coming up and changing
> tapes over vpn from the beach ain't much fun.

I would start by trying to run mtx-changer from the shell and see what
errors are posted when running that. You may first want to run this as
root and later run it as whatever user that the bacula-sd process runs
under.

John