Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] TLS error

2008-04-23 05:46:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] TLS error
From: Adrián Ribao Martínez <aribao AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:46:41 +0200
Hello, I'm using bacula 2.2.8 under debian testing.
I have set up TLS connections for bacula, it's not the first time I do it, but
this time I get an error. I think everything is ok, I have checked everything
many times, and I created the certificates several times as well.

The error I get is:

Fatal error: Failed to initialize TLS context for Director

The configuration of the director:
Director {                            # define myself
  Name = MyDirector-dir
  DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  Password = "SECRETPASSWORD"         # Console password
  Messages = Daemon

  TLS Enable = yes
  TLS Require = no
  TLS Verify Peer = yes
  TLS Allowed CN = "mymachine.dyndns.org"
  TLS CA Certificate File = /etc/bacula/certificates/cacert.pem
  TLS Certificate = /etc/bacula/certificates/mymachine.dyndns.org.cert
  TLS Key = /etc/bacula/certificates/mymachine.dyndns.org.key
}

The output of the command:
# openssl verify mymachine.dyndns.org.cert
mymachine.dyndns.org.cert: OK

I have followed this tutorial: http://www.devco.net/pubwiki/Bacula/TLS and
used cacert.org for creating the certificate.

Is there any way I can get a more detailed description of the error? I don't
know why bacula fails to initialize the TLS context.

By the way, the permissions of the files are ok.

I don't understand this error message.

--
Adrián Ribao Martínez