Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole can't connect to director

2008-04-21 15:41:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole can't connect to director
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:45:43 +0200
Hi,

21.04.2008 20:20, Bob Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to bacula. I've modified the various conf files to suit my setup
> here (IOW changed the names and passwords from the defaults), but
> bconsole gets the following error message
>
> Connecting to Director localhost:9101
> 21-Apr 19:01 bconsole:  Fatal error: bnet.c:870 Unable to connect to
> Director daemon on localhost:9101. ERR=Connection refused

Have you verified the DIR is actually running ('ps -lfC bacula-dir'
for example), listening on the network interface and port (better
don't use localhost, network backups will not work...) with something
like 'netstat -tulpen | grep bacula-dir', and no firewall interferes?

Also, I assume you try to run bconsole on the same host the DIR runs on...

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann