Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.8 Problem running on opensuse10.3

2008-04-14 19:22:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.8 Problem running on opensuse10.3
From: Richard Tunks <richardtunks AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:21:49 +0000
Hello,

I'm looking for some help.
Background Info:
Your operating system    - opensuse10.2 (32bit i586)
The version of Bacula you are using  - 2.2.8
Problem
I have Bacula 2.2.8 (with mysql as database) up and running (installed from RPM downloaded from bacula site.  Components deployed are:
  • bacula server (mysql) 2.2.8
  • gconsole 2.2.8-1
  • bat 2.2.8-1
I'm running this on a Compaq ML370 G1 (dual intel P486 + 1.5G ram) with a DLT7000 tape drive.  OS = opensuse 10.3 with KDE 3.5.2 running.  I have the server backing its self up and also single windows machine - this works really well.

My problem is that intermittantly when I try launch the BAT tool and it connects to the Director the server crashes and executes a full "power lost" restart.  I'm new to this so don't have any diagnostics (logs etc).  If someone could give me some advice on how to get some debug I'd like to collect some to help to identify and resolve the problem.  I have not included the SD, FD or DIR conf files here, but I'm happy to send them if that would help.

Any suggestions on how to improve stability would be really appreciated.

Regards

Richard Tunks

News, Sports, Entertainment and Weather on your mobile. Text MSN to 63463 Now.