Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula logs customization

2008-04-10 15:24:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula logs customization
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: Bacula <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:20:22 +0200
Hi,

10.04.2008 10:03, Rupen Momaya wrote:
>   Arno Lehmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 09.04.2008 15:29, Rupen Momaya wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> I have couple of queries :
>>>
>>> 1) Below are the logs which we get for each client job. Is it possible to
>>> include the defination of filesets in the logs??
>>>    We can have the name of the fileset, but under that it could have 5 to 6
>>> filesets defined.
>>>
>> How? In my experience it's one Job - one Fileset. If you worry about
>> different versions of one fileset, it's further defined in the job
>> report by it's timestamp.
>>
>> If you want to work with different versions of one fileset, I tend to
>> think you're doing something wrong.

>>> Can we have that displayed as & when they are backed up?

Ok, so you want to know which fileset entries are processed.

Two objections here:
First it clutters the logs and is mostly useless.

If I want to know what a given fileset does it's more useful to try
before running real jobs, i.e. use the 'estimate listing' command.

Second, with regexes and wildcards and includes and excludes and
includes with exclude=yes, in the cases where the output would be
really interesting, you'd need the whole processing of the fileset
directives to understand why a certain file is selected for backup or
not. If you really need those, use the debug logs, I'd say. Having
lots and lots of lines explaining which fileset entry was considered,
matched, and was, according to the options, backed up or not is really
not something that needs to be put into a job *summary* report.

>>>    I checked the Messages directive options but coudnt find anything
>>> regarding this.

Right. It's not in there.

Arno

--