Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up iSCSI targets, VMWare - With Bacula

2008-04-10 15:02:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up iSCSI targets, VMWare - With Bacula
From: "Robert LeBlanc" <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:10:27 -0600

We are looking to back-up VMs with Bacula. We have written scripts for Consolidated Back-up Server, but I’m not happy with the performance. We are now looking into creating a script that will use the VPX API to contact the Virtual Center server, create the snapshot, then Bacula would save the disk and vmx files, then the script would destroy the snapshot. This would require an NFS mount to the ESX server for the file transfer, but it saves copying the vmdk to a Windows machine just to have it copied over to the Bacula server to be spooled then written to tape.

Robert