BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Using many storage pools

2017-07-26 08:19:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Using many storage pools
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 07:19:00 -0500
On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 2:35 AM, Service technique <sce.tech AT imrcom DOT fr> wrote:
Hi,

I have a virtual machine running BackupPC 4.1.3.

I plan to use two different storage device to store backups, an iSCSI image with hight availability and a NFS share on an remote server.

But with BackupPC it's only possible to manage a single storage pool, adding the possibility to manage many storage pools could be a good feature.

So, I think to run two instance of BackupPC on the server with different storage directory. Is there a proper way to do this? I not found how to specify the config file in the systemd unit file for backuppc neither in the CGI script BackupPC_Admin.

I would think the overhead for a full VM would not provide for a good experience with BackupPC but I haven't tried it at all, much less on server class hardware. The easiest way to implement what you want that I can think of is to use docker containers instead. That way you could map the ports through the container so there would be no conflict and easily tie in your external storage.

Richard