BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Excludes - How To

2017-06-20 08:32:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Excludes - How To
From: Akibu Flash <akibuflash AT outlook DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:44:34 +0000

Great Thanks @Craig Barratt!!!

From: Craig Barratt via BackupPC-users [mailto:backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:46 AM
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Cc: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>

Akibu,

The convention is to not use the trailing "/" on rsync share names.  Unlike most linux utilities, in certain cases rsync will behave differently whether or not there is a trailing "/" on a directory name.

So you probably want do this:

$Conf{RsyncShareName} = "/cygdrive/j";

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {

'/cygdrive/j' => [

'/useless_folder_1',

'/useless_folder_2'

 ]

};

Also, if the list of directories to include is shorter than the list to exclude, you might be better off using $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} to list the directories you want.  That way if you make a mistake, it's likely the backup is smaller (or empty), which makes debugging and iterating easier.

Craig