BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Excludes - How To

2017-06-18 17:09:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Excludes - How To
From: Akibu Flash <akibuflash AT outlook DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 21:08:31 +0000

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

From: Akibu Flash [mailto:akibuflash AT outlook DOT com]
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 10:12 AM
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Excludes - How To

Now that I have gotten my backuppc to work, I am backing up certain files on a Windows harddrive.  Most of the directories and files on the harddrive are to be backed up, but I want to exclude several directories from the backup and the files contained therein.  Instead of indicating to backuppc the directories to be backed up in RsyncShareName (which are numerous), I would like to merely tell backuppc to backup the entire drive (in this case, “/cygdrive/j/”) and to exclude several of the directories on the the j drive (e.g. hey backuppc, exclude “/cygdrive/j/useless_stuff_1”, “/cygdrive/j/useless_stuff_2” etc.).  How can this be accomplished?  When I look at the backuppc excludes function using the cgi interface, and the examples given, I am a bit confused.  Do I merely type the below in the cgi interface to exclude the aforementioned:

BackupFilesExclude = [‘/cygdrive/j/useless_stuff_1’, ‘/cygdrive/j/useless_stuff_2’]  (btw, is the “=” needed in the box or do I just start with the open “[“)

Or do I type the above or some variant directly into /etc/backuppc/config.pl or the akibu-desktop.pl config file?  Thanks.

Akibu