BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Using SMBv2/Disabled SMBv1 on Windows Hosts, Not Backing Up

2017-06-12 14:44:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Using SMBv2/Disabled SMBv1 on Windows Hosts, Not Backing Up
From: Kenneth Porter <shiva AT sewingwitch DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:41:57 -0700
On 6/12/2017 1:39 AM, James Arnold wrote:
As per title really, following current affairs I've disabled SMBv1 on about everything running Windows. After that, none of my Windows servers back up any more. I've updated Linux itself, added 'min protocol = SMB2' into smb.conf, even tried putting '-m SMB2' into the Xfer options but still not happening.

Any ideas? Does Backuppc use SMBv2 even?

You want to look at the mount options for your CIFS mounts. Where you set these depends on your OS/version (fstab versus systemd) and whether you use autofs.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/915856/mounting-windows-share-using-smb-2-1-or-greater

---