BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 4.1.2 CGI Wipes Config.pl Settings

2017-05-24 17:22:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 4.1.2 CGI Wipes Config.pl Settings
From: Ray Frush <frush AT rams.colostate DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 15:22:10 -0600
Michael-

This was very recently covered under the subject of "BackupFilesExclude issue"   thread started by Mark Moorcroft.

A fix for the issue has been posted:

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Craig Barratt <[email protected].net> wrote:
pushed a fix for this last night.
Craig

--
Ray Frush

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Michael McGregor <mcgrmic2 AT isu DOT edu> wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem with the BackupFilesExclude setting not persisting or populating the website correctly.

If I modify the BackupFilesExclude setting on the global config in the CGI interface, the settings make it into the config.pl correctly. But when I reload the global config webpage, the "values" for the hash are all gone. They are still in the config.pl file, but the CGI interface must not be parsing the setting correctly to populate the webpage. If I save any settings, the configuration is wiped out.

I found this out the hard way as a server backup was backing up /proc when I found it.

After editing the CGI interface to add the proper values, config.pl reads:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '/' => [
    'dev',
    'media',
    'mnt',
    'proc',
    'run',
    'sys',
    'tmp'
  ]
};

After reediting the configuration through the CGI interface and saving, config.pl reads:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '/' => []
};

Any advice?

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.