BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Help with the schedule config

2017-05-24 08:42:30
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Help with the schedule config
From: Yong Zhang <hiscal AT outlook DOT com>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 12:41:42 +0000

Hi, all

I'm new to BackupPC, I installed v4.0 these days, but hard to understand schedule settings, I have some queries here:

1) I want servers to be backed up daily, but full backup only runs on Saturday, how?

2) I want servers to have incremental backup daily for 6 days then 1 full backup, and keep all these backups (inc/full) for one month, but after one month, I only need to keep weekly full backups for 180 days (that is about 24 full backups total), and after 180 days, I just want to keep full backups at monthly basis e.g. keep one full backup one month and 12 months total. Is this possible and how to set the values in config?

Thanks for the help.