BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Replication

2017-05-22 09:05:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Replication
From: Johan Ehnberg <johan AT molnix DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 16:04:34 +0300
Hi,

Indeed that is currently not implemented in BackupPC, since this would
require all backups to stop. That in turn is not may not feasible in a
large environment or where backup schedules are tight. But as an
optional feature, it is interesting.

Basically any previous backup will be coherent, so snapshoting at any
time is fine when you are aware of this limit.

Of course you can always check for running processes in a while loop and
wait until there are no backups running.

This is the kind of details I might be interested in documenting.

Best regards,
Johan