BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending output of DumpPreUserCmd by email

2017-05-18 12:44:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending output of DumpPreUserCmd by email
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 09:43:14 -0700
You need DumpPreUserCmd to run to completion before continuing with the backup.  Using systemd will run the command in the background (I believe even for oneshot), which is almost certainly not what you want to do.

An easier solution is to write a cover script (pick you favorite scripting language - bash, python, perl etc) that runs mysqldump, emails whatever you want etc, and then point DumpPreUserCmd at your script.

Craig