BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.1.2 released

2017-05-10 18:46:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.1.2 released
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 17:46:18 -0500
Replying just to the user list...

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 5:36 PM, daveinredmond AT excite DOT com <daveinredmond AT excite DOT com> wrote:
Has anyone successfully installed v4.1.2 on OpenSUSE Leap 42.2??? I am considering migrating my sever from Ubuntu to OpenSUSE, but have not been able to successfully install BackupPC. It is running, but out of control - i.e. the log file updates daily but I have no web interface ("There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected. "), thus an Apache problem??

If you're willing to try Suse, an RPM based distro, then why not CentOS?

I'm actively supporting the package through my COPR[1].

You just do a CentOS install, enable the extras and Fedora EPEL repositories...

Extras is enabled by default on CentOS and has instructions for installing Fedora EPEL

Then download the repo file from my COPR into /etc/yum.repo.d/

Then:

yum install BackupPC

Look at the readme provided in the package for configuration instructions.

Let me know if you attempt this and let me know if I missed anything so I can update the package.

Thanks,
Richard