BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] SELinux for v4.1.1

2017-05-02 19:31:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] SELinux for v4.1.1
From: Kenneth Porter <shiva AT sewingwitch DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 16:29:23 -0700
--On Monday, May 01, 2017 1:52 PM -0500 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT
com>
wrote:

> It would need a lot of work as the package has a lot of customizations in
> it but you could base the work off the Fedora package which generates a
> SELinux module...
>
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/BackupPC.git/tree/BackupPC.spec
>
> Starts at line 108...

Further investigation shows that your package carries forth the selinux
components from the Fedora package (which is the Right Thing), so I have
those installed already.

I found through audit2why that the files in /var/lib/BackupPC (mounted from
an external USB drive) are mislabeled as system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t:s0
and should be labeled system_u:object_r:var_lib_t:s0. I'm running a
recursive restorecon on the mount point to address that. But I need to find
out why the backup script doesn't properly label these as it creates them.
This should be done automatically and the app shouldn't need to do anything
special. I'll investigate further.

The files in /var/log/BackupPC appear to be labeled correctly but the web
CGI doesn't display them. This might be a side effect of the mislabeled
/var/lib tree so I'll test again once the restorecon finishes.

---