BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Ubuntu install script failed

2017-03-28 07:23:24
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Ubuntu install script failed
From: Bob of Donelson Trophy <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net>
To: backuppc-users list <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 06:22:33 -0500

The script posted on the github wiki failed with the follow final lines:

...... config.status: creating lib/dummy
config.status: creating zlib/dummy
config.status: creating popt/dummy
config.status: creating shconfig
config.status: creating config.h

    rsync_bpc 3.0.9.6 configuration successful

autoconf -o configure.sh
make: autoconf: Command not found
Makefile:126: recipe for target 'config.h.in' failed
make: *** [config.h.in] Error 127

This is a test install onto a VM with most current Ubuntu 16.04LTS OS. I have limited time at the moment and did no further research as to why this happened. (This same VM worked fine with the older version of the script.)

I thought someone should know. Thoughts, anyone?