BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] cygwin-rsyncd-3.0.9.0 and cygwin-rsyncd-3.1.2 file integrity

2017-02-12 09:38:39
Subject: [BackupPC-users] cygwin-rsyncd-3.0.9.0 and cygwin-rsyncd-3.1.2 file integrity
From: David Bespiaty <keenicky AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 09:37:51 -0500
Have cygwin-rsyncd-3.0.9.0 installed on my Windows hosts and I read about and downloaded the cygwin-rsyncd-3.1.2 from GMail YO. I was planning on testing it on a couple of my Win 10 laptops and as per habit I ran the newer version through VirusTotal online. It came up with quite a few hits although it didnt seem like a virus thing? I also downloaded and tested the old version, with the same results. Can any of the gurus here tell me what triggers the alarms? I'm not trying to spread FUD, just a curiosity thing as everyone is more careful nowadays.