BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems using the wiki script

2017-02-03 12:47:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems using the wiki script
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:46:05 -0800
Kent,

Thanks for confirming.

I must admit I'm confused regarding versions: is trunk:master v3 or v4?

The master branch is v4.  The 3.x.x branch is the prior major version.  I plan to delete the 4.0.0 branch, which isn't being used.

I also added test/mkdir of /var/run/BackupPC to several of the template init.d scripts, and removed these two lines from the Wiki install script, as well as the pointers to the now closed issues/bugs:

sed -i '/test/a\ \nif [ ! -d /var/run/BackupPC ]; then\n  mkdir -p /var/run/BackupPC\n  chown backuppc:backuppc /var/run/BackupPC\n  chmod 0755 /var/run/BackupPC\nfi' /etc/init.d/backuppc
cp init.d/debian-backuppc /etc/init.d/backuppc

Finally, I created an init.d/src/ubuntu-backuppc script, which is currently identical to init.d/src/debian-backuppc.

Craig