BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Permissions problem?

2017-01-18 20:45:53
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Permissions problem?
From: "TE Dukes" <tdukes AT palmettoshopper DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 20:44:48 -0500
Hello,

Been working on this and I'm stuck. After realizing I didn't have rsync
configured on my server and banning myself with too many attempts, I finally
made some head way.

I can use rsync  to backup a local machine here at home using:

rsync -avr --delete /cygdrive/c/Temp/phpbrew/ 192.168.1.110::edukes1

I can backup my laptop at work to my server here at home with:

rsync -avr --delete -e ssh  /cygdrive/c/Users/Thomas\ E\ Dukes/Documents/
tdukes AT ts130.xxxxxxxxx DOT com::asus
(may not be exactly right, but close, going from memory)

In the above examples, I am executing the commands as tdukes.

Do I need to add root's public key in tdukes  ~/.ssh/authorized_keys? Or
should I change the user  to tdukes in config.pl or educes.pl and asus.pl?

I think the below error is a permissions problem. I read in the BackupPC FAQ
that I need to add the clients machine's public key to the host in addition
to the user's public key. Not sure how to do that on windows box. I thought
host files were .pem

full backup started for directory phpbrew
Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root edukes1 /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender
--numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links --times
--block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . phpbrew/
Xfer PIDs are now 14408
Read EOF: Connection reset by peer
Tried again: got 0 bytes
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (Unable to read 4 bytes)
Backup aborted (Unable to read 4 bytes)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior
one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

I have googled and googled.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Eddie